Click on the title graphic box to view a PDF of the historical artifacts.
This page includes links to church records saved since 1844. These documents have been scanned from the originals, digitally enhanced when possible and saved as PDFs. The original documents are being saved with the help of the preservationist at the Missouri History Museum Library so they will last in perpetuity.
Additional historical records will be added to this page as they are scanned and converted to digital format.
Central Session Notes 1844-1847
This is the oldest document preserving the history of Fourth Presbyterian Church, whose name was changed to Central Presbyterian Church several years later. The session notes include the origination of the church as a daughter of Second Presbyterian Church in St. Louis. The ordination of the first elders and deacons, the calling of the first pastor, Alexander Van Court and the arrival of the first members. There is even record of the first instance of church discipline and elder shepherding programs.